Help! 2000 Taurus has gone stupid!

My wifes car has developed an unusual problem...
Every once in a while, at random, the car will not recognize that all the doors are closed. I've double, triple, and quadruple checked that they all
are when this happens.
There doesn't seem to be a pattern or particular time that this occurs, though 99% of the time it thinks the drivers side door is open, the other 1% it thinks the passenger front door is open.
When it does happen, the interior lights stay on (We've been pulled over a couple of times), the ignition dings to let you know you're driving with the doors open, and the dash light stays on...
Please help! It drives us NUTS when it happens!
Thanks Steve
One of the door switches is sticking. You should be able to clean/lube them with plenty of WD-40 and make them work.
CJB

CJB opined in

In and around the door latches, liberally.

Thanks. I'm a little slow on the draw sometimes.
CJB

smoo@ureachSPAMMERS_SUCK.com says...

Instead of the old pin switches in the hinge-side door jam, there are now switches mounted in the latch mechanism inside the doors. Over time, they gunk up and stick. The most common fix is to spray something like WD-40 into the latch, then open and close the door a few times. If you can't figure which door is the problem, do one at a time until it's fixed.