jammed tailgate

greetings,

we were moving some newly minted tree trunks in our 91 f150 to be recycled. think we may have bent the tailgate during the unloading. anyways, i slammed the thing shut and only one side latched. now it's jammed. is there a way to remove the tailgate with it in this position? or is there a simple way to release the latched side? it's not budging at all :-(

thx!

Reply to
rottyguy70

You should be able to remove the panel on the inside of the tailgate to gain access to the latch mechanism. However, if the tailgate is actually "jammed" you may just need to apply a significant amount of force to the tailgate from the inside while someone else is pulling on the release handle from the outside.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White