Metric or U.S. standard tools for 96 Escort?

I just bought an 96 Escort and am going to buy a set of tools for it. What kind of tools I should buy? Metric or US standard? Someone told me that I should buy both because it is a US car used some Mazida parts, is that
correct and necessary? Thanks for any inputs.

Buy both. But it is more like the Mazda used some Ford parts, which Ford had to make in Metric, so the Escort got both.

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:43:37 -0500, "Philip"

It will be just about 100% metric.
Get the metric tools, thats what my 92 takes.