Mileage Question

What is the most Miles you would expect on a 2008 MKZ I was looking at a 2008 that has 24,000 miles. Is this to many miles ?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
wrote Re Mileage Question:

No, it's not too many to have been driven in 1 or 2 years. What's more important is how it was driven and maintained during those 24k miles.
--
I filter all messages from google groups.

The dealer does'nt know how it was driven & according to Carfax it was in service for only 1 Year.

Then it's likely mostly highway miles and if maintained reasonably well should not be a bad car. Think of it as a 2007 with average miles, but only one winter.
How many miles are you going to put on it, and how long do you intend to own it? If you put on less than 12000 miles a year the longer you own it the closer it gets to an "average mileage" car.
desgnr wrote:

depends how much faith you put in carfax
I own a 2010 MKZ and formally owned a 2008 MKZ. The best I get is 31 MPG highway, the '08 was 30 MPG when I am in Delaware. When I go up to my home in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania it will drop 4 or 5 MPG.
I was buying Lexus' but I like the Lincons better, much less expensive to buy and the Lincolns dealers shop rate is $25 an hour less, as well.
I was only getting around 25 tops, on the Lexus.

Mike Hunter wrote:

This has what to do with the original post?
The OP was talking about the number of miles on the odometer, not the number of MPGs the OP gets.
Jeff

OIC in that case the answer is, not really. That is an average of only 8,000 miles per year and an MKZ can easily average more than 8,000 annually. ;)

US Dept. of Transportation says average number of miles driven per year is 14,450 (2006 data, latest available). Whether that's too many miles depends on the price the vehicle is being offered at.
Derek