Oil Question for Escape

We just got a 03 Escape V6 XLS. Ford is using the synthetic oil in these. I had a 01 Mustang before this. I was using Mobil One synthetic. Any opinions
on Mobil One compared to Motorcraft synthetic?
And when I first got my Mustang I took it in after 1000 miles to put oil in it. I was told it had this temp oil in it or something? And now they say I can 5k without changing the oil in this Escape. I realize it has synthetic. But I still changed the oil every 3k in my Mustang (mostly out of habit).
And on a totally different subject. Anyone know of a website that sells running boards for this model? Or are they interchangeable with any other model Ford? (incase I can hit a salvage and grab some)
Thanks, Greg
Mobil One is just as good, if not superior. I have been using Mobil One with never an engine failure/break down. My regular oil change calls for 5500K mile, or 5 months. With MB 1, extending the oil change out to 9K miles is not uncommon. Between work, business, and car pool for kids I average about 35K miles per year. Without MB 1, I would be changing the oil about once per month, using the 3/3000 rule. You can not go wrong with MB 1

opinions
in
synthetic.
Okay. So I'm guessing they've put Motorcraft in it already. Would it cause any problems if I used Mobil One in the next oil change? I know it's not good to swap around motor oil.

these.
habit).
other
It should not be a problem.. Here is what you can do..just stop by the dealer and ask the parts manager who makes the premium oil for Ford. ..Because both you and I know that Ford does not make oil.. Regardless, MB 1 is in all the top European, Asia, and USA cars..

oil
say
sells
Hi Mobil1 fans, FWIW, Oh yea...Mobil one oil don't heat burn, but it still dilutes with engine gas blow by. An oil filter is probably bypassing in about 3-600 miles after you install it. Check the fram website or any other oil filter maker's website and see what they say about particulate bypassing at about 300 cycles.That would be 300 times the volume of the oil filter. Or just pull a crank or rod bearings out of an engine running that oil. Why when a so called oil change 1 qt + filter every 3k -5k would someone go to 9K. Oh ....Be sure to check the micron particle size filtered out of oil. 10 microns = .00039 Try Frams website..www.fram.com choose products..oil filters..information...understanding fluid rating.PDF beta value 2 is the 10 micron level. The test is a 4 hr. high concentration, like 4 dirty quarts of oil left in your engine. Hummm wonder why oil filters have a bypass valve in there? Go...60 mph x 10hrs.= what?? Its gets really ripe when you haven't removed the drain plug in years. IMO It's only your money ...your car who cares. Ford sells more everyday the motors last forever! Good luck with those maintenance habits. BeeVee

opinions
in
synthetic.
How many oil changes have you done.? How many engines have you torn down and rebuilt..?? What kind of oil change requires 1 qt of oil as you have written.."Why when a so called oil change 1 qt + filter every 3k -5k would someone go to 9K" My PH8 filter holds one full quart of oil. Some of my Truck filters hold almost 2 Quarts. Are you some kind of TROLL.. The guys were not talking about filters, but OIL. If you want to talk about oil change interval, go read and learn something about fleet service and synthetic oil and then come back and tell us what you have learnt.

these.
habit).
other

oil
say
sells
BeeVee opined in

You are one STUPID SOB!
Anyone that takes Fram's word on ANYTHING is an idiot!
I HAVE pulled apart a turbo 2.3 with 180K that ran as much as 25,000 between Mobil 1 changes... and you wouldnt believe the lack of bearing wear.
If you are gonna shill for some big name consumable maker that puts out substandard product... get into MLM!
Fram: Pay me now AND pay me Later!
The point of my comments to their oil questions, was trying to point out that "even the so called best OIL in the world is no good unless you have a filter to take you to the range limits of the oil. NOWHERE IN THE WORLD ARE THERE ANY! You've got to have a better thing than just the factory stuff. All the money in the world don' t mean nothing if you don't have health! Same thing applies to the oil.
By looking at Frams website you are given a table there telling you just that. You have to go there and read it. It even tells you their filters are tested and they don't last very long. It takes Comprehension. Analysis, thought, time. Then Judge for your self. Then look at these stupid site's that I can provide here for you people that just want to flame somebody for trying to draw some attention to the facts. Don't look at any of these references in these sites. Just ignore them... they come from a stupid S.O.B. like maybe myself. Because it will bring you to the knowledge of why mobil 1 is either good or bad for your car, or purse. Amsoil will go even longer in your engine. They Claim "it's better stuff." I don't care its your car and money. I gain no money, just insults and flames from the trolls on this NG If some guy tells another he can push his oil change to 9K using mobil 1... I'm going to post this shit.
And Yes Mobil 1 oil causes the filters to bypass at startup due to high pressure. All that good stuff goes right to the bearings & lifters while this happens.
Your oil change habits are yours..... I' ll stick to mine. Anonymous posters are cowardly, defamatory, bullyish, rude and generally disliked. Anonymous posters are usually the Trolls! Read the AntiTroll Faq's Later but (sooner than too late ) This wasn't posted to any body in particular, the original posters chose to ignore the facts. The results of dirty oil & oil filters can be found here http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/bearingwear/bearingwearanalysis.htm result of dirty oil filters
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& http://www.shoclub.com/lubrication-oil/lubrication-oilpart4.htm micron chart How mant particles can fit in engine bearings?
Or even better yet ...I don't care how may microns of clearance my bearings have dirty oil don't hurt a thing.
Take shoclub's data sec 1,2,3,4,5 write to them see if they agree going 9k or 25k between oil changes is the way to go.
Who said
"I tore mine down with 180K and it's still good"...Why'd you tear it down? Just put it in your next car then.
More of my so called ignorance can be found here,,,,, Mobil 1's website
They don't recommend filtering to 1 micron???
http://www.mobil1.com/index.jsp
06/17/2002 Bypass Oil Filtering
The average conventional spin-on filter for an automobile typically has a 40-50 micron absolute rating. That means particles larger than this size will be caught by the filter element. The Mobil 1 oil filter has a 15 micron absolute rating. Some bypass systems are rated at 1-3 microns absolute. We have not done any performance testing with the bypass oil filtering system you have suggested. Although a good filter is vital to the health of an engine, bypass oil filtering systems are capable of extremely fine filtration. It is usually not necessary to filter an engine oil down to cleanliness levels below the 10-15 micron range. We do not recommend filtering an engine oil down to below 1 micron particle size. Below this size, a filter may begin to capture vital components of the additive package.
11/12/2001 Oil Change Intervals And Procedure
12/05/2001 Synthetic Motor Oil And Hydraulic Lifters
FAQ: Can I use the Mobil 1 High Efficiency Oil Filter to extend my oil drain intervals? Can I keep the filter on and just change the oil?
in support of your oil views.
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/oil-overview.html
In support of my views
http://www.pacarsearch.com/stealth/oil.htm 10 micron size particles jam lifters
Filters tests
http://fleetowner.com/ar/fleet_oil_filter_media /
http://www.go-synthetic.com/By-pass/by-pass.htm
http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilters.html
http://www.lube-tips.com/email/motoroil/goog1.htm buy or borrow the book
http://www.pureoil.com/faq.htm
http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/oil_filter_study /
http://home.moravian.edu/students/m/stmtm02/filtersurvey.htm
http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/oil_filter_test.html
http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/oil_filter_test.html
http://www.pecuniary.com/newsletters/microns.html
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=pntf
face=Arial size=2>&gt; wrote in message</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>How many oil changes have you done.? How many engines have you torn down and<BR>rebuilt..??<BR>What kind of oil change requires 1 qt of oil as you have written.."Why when<BR>a so called oil change 1 qt + filter every<BR>3k -5k would someone go to 9K"&nbsp; My PH8 filter holds one full quart of oil.<BR>Some of my Truck filters hold almost 2 Quarts. Are you some kind of TROLL..</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>No I'm not a troll...Mobil 1's original sales pitch and dogma was that the oil lasts for 24k</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>However ever 3k you were to change the filter and add 1 qt. of &nbsp;new oil and that was the reference I made </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>foolishly Thinking that's how&nbsp;</FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>he was&nbsp;extending the oil change to&nbsp;9k. Maybe he just went 9k without changing the filter &amp; 1qt.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I should have asked, Then maybe you would have reserved your comments to the right guy.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Which is the reference Backyard may have been citing. Maybe you were just to young to know what they pitched.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>In turn no car mfgr.s would honor the &nbsp;warranty's if you were using mobil 1 oil.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>That was then ...This is now,,,Mobil 1 now quotes you have to change your oil at the car&nbsp;mfgr.s timetables schedule</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>for you vehicle...Might be 5.5k on some cars. NO WAY 9k</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Only your 2 quart brute oil filter can go there. But probably NOT!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>As stated above I don't care what you do with your car truck or money. </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>But be sure to read the Anti Troll Faq you may be in there under challange the other person's etc.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Be sure to see this just go ask jeeves, and see where you anonymous name calling nasty mouther's fit in.</FONT></DIV> <DIV> <DIV><A class=bold onmouseover="return ss('go to http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm ')" onmouseout=cs() href="http://web.ask.com/redir?bpg=http%3a%2f%2fweb.ask.com%2fweb%3fq%3danti%2btroll%2bfaq%26o%3d0%26page%3d1&amp ;q=anti+troll+faq&amp;u=http%3a%2f%2ftm.wc.ask.com%2fr%3ft%3dan%26s%3da%26uid%3d241ee602341ee6023%26sid%3d341ee602341ee6023%26qid%3d4C823ED1F1636E42A9D5EEF721DD324F%26io%3d0%26sv%3dza5cb0db2%26ask%3danti%2btroll%2bfaq%26uip%3d41ee6023%26en%3dte%26eo%3d-100%26pt%3dAnti%2bTroll%2bFAQ%26ac%3d6%26qs%3d0%26pg%3d1%26ep%3d1%26te_par%3d101%26u%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.hyphenologist.co.uk%2fkillfile%2fanti_troll_faq.htm&amp;s=a&amp;bu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hyphenologist.co.uk%2fkillfile%2fanti_troll_faq.htm"><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2><SPAN class=standardBoldText>Anti</SPAN> <SPAN class=standardBoldText>Troll</SPAN> <SPAN class=standardBoldText>FAQ</SPAN></FONT></FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2><SPAN class=standardBoldText>Anti</SPAN> <SPAN class=standardBoldText>Troll</SPAN> <SPAN class=standardBoldText>FAQ</SPAN>. Subtitled What is a <SPAN class=standardBoldText>troll</SPAN>, what do they do, why do they do it, and what can one do about them? </FONT></FONT></DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2><SPAN class=grey>From:www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm</SPAN><BR></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
I have no idea what you are talking about. An oil filter is probably bypassing what in 6oo miles? The oil? Pull a crank rod or bearing out? Why would I want to do that?

these.
habit).
other
Hi Greg, Mobil 1 oil and any other synthetic oils are IMO a fools gold. Man that would be great if everybody could just put the oil change on hold for the next 15k (snip from Mb 1 web site below. ) They have reformed their claims several times over the years just to get your buck. The original pitch for this oil was to change your filter every 3k and add 1 qt of new oil till you had 1 yr /24k . I was foolishly thinking that is what is being practiced by people. Maybe they just drive 24k and never change the filter. Maybe they change all the oil and filter at 5k No matter how any oil is used there are no oil filters that will go the distance. A poster was suggesting to extend oil changes to 9k in a reply to you, which must have rubbed a few people the wrong way. ( Mobil 1 Lovers) and a bad advice blocker (me).
If you have ever rebuilt an engine and know what bearings are being protected by the engine oil & pressure system then you will know the fits of these parts. The oil filter is what keeps damaging particles out of you engine bearings and other moving parts. The bearings are a soft material liner between the hardened parts. Once the filter is full or over pressured it bypass's .(or explodes) When bypassing it gets a real good flush through, well that's where the fun begins.
I just haven't seen good results with synthetic oils because the filters can't perform to those levels. It's your car and money, oil filter's are the cheepest prevention there is. Regards, BeeVee
see these sites http://www.pureoil.com/faq.htm
http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/oil_filter_study /
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/bearingwear/bearingwearanalysis.htm
http://www.shoclub.com/lubrication-oil/lubrication-oilpart4.htm
http://realbig.com/detomaso/1997-07/168.html
Can I go longer without changing my oil if I use a synthetic?
While Mobil 1 has given excellent results in extended oil drain tests, the safest and recommended practice is to follow your owner's manual. You can go all the way to the maximum mileage or time frame shown in your owner's manual for oil changes when using Mobil 1 with SuperSynT. This allows the reserve protection capabilities of Mobil 1 with SuperSynT to cover the unusual or unexpected driving conditions that we all experience from time to time.
Oil change intervals can be as short as 3,000 miles or as long as 15,000 miles on some new cars. Mobil 1 with SuperSynT's high-performance reserves give you the confidence to go the full mileage or time frame recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Mobil 1 with SuperSynT is especially suitable for the latest vehicles with extended drain intervals or vehicles with oil monitoring systems that vary oil drain intervals.

oil
say
sells

opinions
in
synthetic.
I would just switch to Mobil 1 at your next change and be done with it. It is compatable with both other synthetics and dino oil.

www.google.com and search running board. You will see some links on the right too. And don't forget try to find them at www.ford.com.
Jeff