2001 Escape XLS

Hello, Anyone know if it is possible to program the power locks to engage automatically when shifing into gear?

Thanks! Have a great day. Douglas

Reply to
DBChef

Wish I could help you, but I was just kinda wondering if there was a way of disabling that effect on a vehicle. luckily, I don't have kids.

Reply to
Pete

Has it occurred to you that it might be a good practice to apply the parking brake and remove the key from the ignition, as suggested in the owners manual?

mike hunt

Pete wrote:

Reply to
BigJohnson

Check you owner manual; my 99 Expedition listed the procedure to do it; it involved doing something like during the ignition on and off a certain number of times with the doors unlocked or something like that. Once set, the doors lock when you back up or reach a certain speed like 10 mpg. The procedure is the same to turn this feature off.

Reply to
Just me...

I don't believe that this feature is available on the 2001-2004, not sure about the 2005. Check

do a search. This is an excellent site for the Escape.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Carroll