Pinging...

Hi all..... I have read alot here about pinging in engine on acceleration and uphill . I have noticed some small pinging or clicking in my engine going uphill on a
high gear just before it downshifts. Is it something I should worry about? Have an E150 302 EFI 1988 with 100kmiles. Have changed wires, plugs, rotor and distributercap adjusted timing changed all filters on regular maintenence. The engine runs at normal temp, and I use 95 oktane unleaded fuel. Don't know if this engine have MAP Sensor or MAF sensor or whatever. This is no big deal, just wondered. Tor Elling.
My 86 Crown Vic did the same thing. 5.0....I had a shop clean the injectors, that fixed the knock/ping.