plug tool

I am preparing to pull the engine out of my 95 probe to do some stuff to it and I noticed i am supposed to use some special plug tools for removing the half-shafts. the number i see is 49 G030 455 or equivalent. If I can't find this tool what's the next best thing to use??

Thanks

Chuck

Reply to
chuck d

chuck d opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

The problem being that the spline gear drops when both are removed at same time, you can use a clean wood dowel to follow the 2nd shaft and hold it in place..

Fluid leakage is another matter, may or may not.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic