How to pull out rotor arm?

I decided to change distributer cap and rotor arm (Audi 100 5-cyl. '89) so i wanted to check part. no to know what to order. But rotor arm can not be pulled out.

Haynes manual does not describe how to pull it out (at least I could not find where it is written).

Do I just try to pull it out harder? Or there is something holding it in place.

Reply to
Yvan

There is nothing holding it onto the distributor spindle. You need to either pull harder or try to hit it from underneath. Be aware though that it's only plastic and removing it may break it.

Use copper grease on the inside of your replacement rotor arm to avoid similar problems in future.

Reply to
Grizzly

The factory fitted rotor arms are glued in place on this era of Audi's.

They are quite difficult to remove without breaking the rotor arm and obviously care will be needed to not damage the distributor itself.

Boez

Reply to
Boez

Before breaking the rotor to remove it be sure to check the shaft diameter of the replacement to be sure that it will fit. Not sure how you will do this but there are two different sized of rotor shaft in the same engines / years.

If you don't check first you are guaranteed to have the wrong one : )

BTDT T>

Tony