PS fluid type?

I want to flush the power steering system in a 94' Escort. The owners manual says to use Ford spec' ESW-M2C33-F fluid. Can any brand/type of PS fluid be used in this case? Could I use AT fluid instead? If so, what
kind? The system holds about a quart of fluid. How much fluid should I use for the flush?
Thanks
"Fordfan" wrote

Grab a gallon jug of Type "F" ATF, flush till it comes out clean. Done.
MasterBlaster wrote:

I discovered that NAPA has PS fluid in gallons which is supposed to be compatible with all systems except Honda. However I decided to get a few quarts of type 'F' ATF because the label on the bottle says it has the same spec' (ESW-M2C33) as the Ford owner's manual recommends for PS fluid.
What type of PS fluid do most newer cars use?
Thanks

I have 2002 Escape, and the PS fluid called for is Mercon ATF. The ESW-M2C33-F spec is Type F ATF, so you'd be ok using the Type F you already bought.
SC Tom