Re: 94 Escort engine rpm recovery

Clean your throttle body, a gummed up IAC valve won't be able to respond quickly enough.

Clean your MAF, check your EGR, and fix any vacuum or air leaks. Then clear out your codes and give it some time to record some new ones then get back with us.
scott snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (Childfree Scott) wrote in message

Thanks for the replies.
I did a MAF cleaning about six months ago.
I checked the EGR and it works fine and does not stick
I removed the IAS, idle air solenoid, at sprayed Gumout in the IAS itself. (The plenum has a sticker that says not to spray any cleaners on it because it is coated.) After the cleaning the car idles super smooth and runs great and does not stall at all!
Thanks again.