94 4runner RPM flux

Got a 94 4Runner V6 A/T 4x4 with 150k. Over the last month or so I have noticed while accelerating gradually, the engine RPM seems to fluctuate. I can feel the fluctuation and notice the slight needle movement on the tach. It doesnt seem to do it while at a stop or idling. Ive tried flooring it, and it doesnt seem to do it while accelerating rapidly either. It's rather noticeable on colder mornings. Any Ideas?

Im getting under the truck in a few days to replace the fuel filter, but I doubt that will make any difference whatsoever. I appreciate any suggestions.

Nick

Reply to
Nick T

Add bottle of Chevron Techron to clean injectors and clean the throttle body will probably have more effect than fuel filter.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Sounds to me like the trans might be slipping a little.

Have fun with that fuel filter, it's really in a tight spot.

Preston

Reply to
Ty