Re: Don't compare the PT Cruiser to a Gremlin

When I was a kid my Aunt had a late 70's Granda that used to come out of park. After the first two times this happened, she started setting the park brake.
Of course the one time she forgot to, the engine was running. I was there, and watched my Father, 2 cousins and my uncle take turns trying to get in the car. It was doing circules in the street in revrse.
Ford Ignition Switch fires have been a problem as late as the late 90's. Fords have a bad problem with what is refered to as "wire shrinkage". Where the insulation on the wires over time contracts. Leaving exposed wires at the connectors. This was a major issue on our Ford F-Super Duty wrecker. While it never caught fire, it would fry electronics for the Fuel Injection, Alt, and wiring for the light bar.
I also had a 1988 Escort EXP that started smomking from the dash one night. I found the culpert. The Headlamp switch. It burned the connector to the point I had to splice in a new one. If I had kept driving I would have had a dash fire. Charles

Huh? Don't you mean Audi and BMW?
Check the latest JD Powers. America ranks over Europe. Get a grip asshole.
My dad has a Lexus and yeah, nice car, but talk about no soul. Boooring. And it's spanking new. What will make me want to drive this car in 2014? Nothing. What will make me want to drive my 5.0 in 2014? If you have to ask, you'll never understand...moron...
Brad
THE GREMLIN IS ALOT BETTER!!!!!
PT CRUISER IS JUST A GLORIFIED SMALL PICK UP TRUCK.
AMERICAN MOTORS MADE QUALITY CARS. THEY WERE FORCED OUT BY THE BIG THREE AUTOMAKERS. THEIR ENGINEERING WAS SECOND TO NONE. NOTHING BUT AWARDS.
@webtv.net says...

better than the others and received "nothing but awards", buyers would have flocked to them in droves. The buying public talks with their wallets. So if their "engineering was second to none" then nothing the "big three" could do short of making a better product would have hurt American Motors.
Let the flame wars begin :-)
--
I.Care
Address fake until

Re: Don't compare the PT Cruiser to a Gremlin Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Wed, May 26, 2004, 12:42am From: dastern@127.0.0.1 (DanielJ.Stern) On Wed, 26 May 2004 snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:
General Motors "fell for it" too - Oldsmobiles used to have LH threads on the left wheels too. What did superstitious Walter have to do with that?
Well, Clare, nothing, because he didn't build Oldsmobiles. Try to keep up.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Speaking of keeping up, It's obvious that the last line about Walter was a sarcastic remark.
Eric
Neither of these toads came from GM.....