Re: worst made cars on the road

Page 2 of 2
On 15/04/2010 5:41 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

message
Just because you drive a non-recyclable plastic eco rat trap does not mean everyone has to.
--
The Liberal way, take no responsibility.

Can I drive a Panzer tank on the road?
Can I drive a semi without proper drivers license?
Can I drive a bike on the lane and keep my lane for own self?
Can I ride a donkey like Jesus, and then put a sign that says, "Kiss my ass!"?
On 15/04/2010 5:01 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

message
So what did you do? Cut off a truck that had real bumpers in an eco rat trap?
--
The Liberal way, take no responsibility.

So what do you care about little European cars that meet no standards if no car is safe vs. an SUV?
Are we ruled by the law of the jungle or monopoly?
On 15/04/2010 7:40 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

message
Both.
Now say bahahahaha...bahahaha
--
The Liberal way, take no responsibility.

I see that's life on earth. Well, at least we agree on something.
We may disagree on the idea of Heaven though (posted elsewhere).

"t-bone" crashes are VERY common. Actually, more "corner on corner" than full T-Bone. There are also many more rear end collisions than head-ons. The head-ons have a higher likelihood of being multi-fatalities

id>
break a windshield with your head, as i did, and you'll gladly suffer a little inconvenience, and maybe learn to appreciate it too.

alid>
A Smart vs. Toyota Tundra head-on would something like David vs. Goliath.
Yesterday, a woman alone came out of her Tundra in a blue uniform. What's a green uniform for?
"TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2008/05/smart-crashtest.html
Girl scouts.

That's not it. Don't girl scouts ride bikes? I think the lady a mundane "nurse aid" (those who tend old people) and somehow she or her husband is able to afford such behemoth, plus gas. Did you know old people are big business in this country, enough to afford you an SUV?
I hope I'm not getting off the subject.
In message

--
Clive

A nurse aid should been driving a Corolla, not a Tundra, by my profile.
Something is changing in this country where even the poorest workers want to drive an SUV!
On 16/04/2010 8:56 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

Nothing wrong with them wanting one, if they can come up with the $$$ then it is their right. If they want others to pay for it, they can go to hell.
--
The Liberal way, take no responsibility.

On 16/04/2010 3:50 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yep. The head on shows it well. The smart car not only stops faster it actually recoils back.
While it's cage might be intact, if a human were inside your guts would be a mess from the deceleration more so than the larger vehicle. It isn't fenders crumpling that causes death, it is the force of impact on the human body.
--
The Liberal way, take no responsibility.

"Canuck57" wrote: (Smart Car vs. Tundra) The head on shows it well. The smart car not only stops faster it actually recoils back.
While its cage might be intact, if a human were inside your guts would be a mess from the deceleration more so than the larger vehicle. It isn't fenders crumpling that causes death, it is the force of impact on the human body. ___________________________________________________________________
It's conservation of momentum. If a 5,000 lb vehicle collides head-on with a 2,500 lb vehicle, both traveling at 60 mph, the larger vehicle is suddenly slowed to 40 mph and the smaller vehicle is suddenly traveling backwards at 20 mph.
Immediately after the collision the occupants of the larger vehicle are flying toward their dashboard at a relative speed of 20 mph, while the occupants of the smaller vehicle are flying toward their dashboard at a relative speed of 80 mph.
Both vehicles may have seat belts and air bags, but I think I would rather be in the heavier one for a better chance of lesser injuries or of survival. I'll stay with heavy vehicles. I'll keep on paying for gas guzzler taxes at purchase, for higher gas costs at the pump, and for alternate fuel subsidies for people who are willing to cram their families in those little cracker box deathtraps.
Happy motoring,
Rodan.

The lessons from the Jurassic are not all lost in time. We still want to be bigger than anyone else.
But if the dinosaurs were so stupid, how could they have known about the laws of physics?
Not to mention those injured are less likely to have their head smashed or another words, likely not to be AS injured .If they use their belt. These drivers now are awful with cell phone, no turn signals, no patience.