Rear view mirror help!!!

Went to change out my rear view mirror with the Lanechanger from my sold car.
My 1999 Sable has a strange mount for the mirror.
Normally, what I have seen is just a metal block that is glued to the
windshield. You loosen a front set screw, and the whole assembly slides up and then off the block.
For the Sable, I can't seem to find a set screw. Hopefully, someone from this group has seen this on thier Taurus.
Any help appreciated!
Thanks!
Stacy
Slip an ice pick into the slot to open the clip.
mike hunt
Stacy wrote:

Watch your step with this one. I did it recently those tangs are very strong I made up a special wedge out of a piece of hardwood and hammerd it underneath to force the tangs off the metal then slid the meirror up, it worked but I would not recomend it

On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:51:01 -0400, Stacy wrote:

Earlier this year I had to reattach the mirror to my 1990 BroncoII. To get the metal mounting plate out of the mirror, I put the mirror in a vice and hammered on a piece of wood placed against the top of the mount. That mirror in the BII has no screw, the mount simply wedges into the base of the mirror. If the Sable has the same sort of design, then it would be difficult to remove the mirror while it the mount is still attached to the windshield.
-D
--
The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life,
turning a man from the snares of death.