Remove stereo in 99 Windstar

Hi folks,
Anyone know how to remove the stereo on a 99 Windstar.
Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@bender.com says...

If there are 2 holes on each side, then it's a standard Ford removal. There are special U-shaped rods that you insert into the holes, push outwards a bit, and then pull the unit out. It's also possible to use small nails or screwdrivers, but be careful not to push them in too far or you can bend the tabs and make it almost impossible to remove.
I'm not certain about the Windstar, but on some Ford models, the 'radio' in the dash is just a control panel. The real radio is in a separate module in back.
What I have done before is to cut up a metal coat hanger into a "U" shape and use that. Be sure to file the sharp ends of the cut hanger. It works by putting the ends in the holes and pushing outward/inward (can't remember exactly) and pulling back on the wires. Stereo should slide out. Hope this helps