rusty oil pan leaking -- how to fix (short of replacement)

I have an F350 4x4 which has developed an oil leak on the bottom of the pan due to rust. Is there any way to fix this ? (short of replacement)
I have seen people who sand it down and apply gobs of bondo to try to
stop the leak. The rust is on a large curved surface, so I think that MIG welding a piece is really out of the question due to the amount of forming involved in the covering piece, and the amount of surface preparation & work I would have to do to weld in a piece.
The dealer wants $188 for a new pan. Does anyone know of a Ford parts (or aftermarket) mail outlet where I can find a cheaper oil pan ?
On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:44:27 -0500, X-Eliminator

Bite the bullet and put on a new pan. The labour to replace it is worth almost what the pan is worth.
You could, of course, find a different pan with a similar size and shape of sump, and cut and "paste" to fix the old one if your time isn't worth anything. Or you could make a new sump out of strips of steel, forming and welding to fit, if your time is worth less than nothing.
I'm guessing ut's a 7.3??? At any rate, I can pretty well guarranty that you would soon regret fixing over replacement.

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 04:36:32 GMT, "Jim Warman"

he is a lube boy
lmfao
hurc ast
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:01:46 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

buy a new one, I'd imagine any auto parts store will sell you one cheaper, I just checked rockauto.com where I can a lot of my stuff, the sell them for $92

Thanks.. I never head of rockauto... that a great link, and that's probably where I will order the new pan. I'll just have to invest 6+ hours of my time and do it myself.
Anyone else got any mail-order links ?

ya I get a lot of OEM stuff there, got motorcraft plug wires for a third of the price the dealer wanted

snipped-for-privacy@aohell.com says...

If it's just a pinhole, you can try a sheet metal screw with an o-ring on it for a temporary fix. I'd still be looking for a replacement. Tried wrecking yards? They usually have a large pile of junk engines that they part out for stuff like this.
salvage yard search engine http://car-part.com /
says...

But the ALL rust - and sometimes the reason they are junk motors is because they ran out of oil --------.
Local U-Pull-It yard runs specials all the time.... like any oil pan $3, and seat $15, etc.
On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:44:27 -0500, X-Eliminator

Spike 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!
go to the junkyard and get a new pan....much cheaper. Also, don't use a gasket, just mount the new pan....metal to metal