Seatbelt problem on 93 T-Bird LX

All,

I have a 1993 Thunderbird (3.8L) with the automatic shoulder belts. While the car was running today, I got out of it and the shoulder belt moved about halfway forward and stopped. When I got back in, it moved about 2 inches to the rear and stopped. It seems to be stuck in that position. It will move forward or backward about 2 inches when power is cycled. I can also slide it about that far manually.

This is my first vehicle with these things, and on this car at least they have always been a little flaky if you open the door while the car is running. By "flaky", I mean that they move erratically and unpredictably i.e. not moving at all, moving halfway forward, moving all the way forward and then immediately back etc).

Any and all suggestions welcome,

Craig

Take the "NOSPAM" out if you wish to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Craig Homer

Patrick Gilmore