93 t-bird sc

hello, i just replaced my idle air contol valve because my car was dying all the time and now its worse then was b4 i replaced it and it dies right after i start it. am i supposed to get that (idle air control valve) adjusted w/ a computer or something like that i is something else causing my car to die???? also if i get it into gear and give it gas to keep it going i will start down the street and as i come up on a stop sign and hit my brakes it will slow me down but the more i slow the more the car is trying to die and i lose my brakes but i am slowed down enough that i stop before i go through the stop sign???? please help i desperatly need it. thanks

Reply to
josh07

IAC valve gets part of its input info via the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) thru the ECU. Your BEST bet is to pull engine trouble codes FIRST, then install any needed parts. If you don't get any codes, the fuel filter is a good bet.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

Does bad TPS show a code in that year? It doesnt in earlier years.

Also may help to clean the MAF.. certainly wont hurt

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

EEC-IV codes 121 thru 125 relate to TPS.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke