93 Ford T-bird

Our t-bird recently overheated on the way home from work due to the water pump leak. When we refilled it with water to try and start it to get it home the engine would try and turn over at a normal turning speed but would never actually start up. what could be causing it not to start? It does have a full tank of gas so I can eliminate that one.

Reply to
tony75

Does the fuel pump run when you switch ign on?

try the following routine if car wont start

a. does tach bounce a little while cranking? If not, some ignition problem

b. FIRST (once car is in no-start paradigm) floor the accelerator pedal while cranking... if still wont start, PUMP accel while cranking.

- the first delivers less gas than normal, the second delivers more gas than normal.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Let me guess.... 3.8?

Reply to
Jim Warman

yep it was the timming belt. it had a few teeth gone, put new belt on every thing looks great, what gets me the car has only

50,000 miles on it, at what miles should it have been replaiced thanks guys for the help
Reply to
jman

93 Tbird with a timing belt?? 3.8 with a timing belt?? Wrong thread maybe?

Reply to
Tom Adkins

yep sorry

Reply to