Sudden acceleration with SEFI

Page 2 of 2
Driver error? ;)
mike

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:27:46 -0400, "C. E. White"

Was a VERY common occurrence on early GMs. They redisigned the mounts to solve the problem, but the recall (I did MANY of them, back around 1969 or thereabouts) was a loop af cable bolted to the manifold bolts, and around the upper suspension pivot, if memory serves me correctly.

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 00:24:32 -0400, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

I had a couple of Chevy Caprices back in the '60s, they both had little cables ran around the upper control arm mount and ran to a bracket bolted to the exhaust manifold on both sides of the engine, both the engine mounts were broken on both of the cars...
SteveL
I think it was most likely you were pressing both pedals at the same time. They are close together and it is easy to have your foot overlap both pedals at once. I experienced this sort of thing with my 2003 Expedition. I'd was sitting at a light and when I increased the pressure on the brake pedal, the engine speed increased. This was because my foot was actually covering both pedals. Although it was mostly on the brake pedal, just enough was on the accelerator pedal to press it also. I did not press so hard that the rear wheels broke loose (and I am surprised that this is possible, but I suppose with an unloaded F150 it might be - I can't imagine how the ABS reacted).
Ed