Taurus Power Antenna

Stopped by a Ford dealer yesterday to get a part for a power antenna for a 99 Taurus. Was told it only came as an assembly, unlike most Japanese cars that sell parts for them. Anyway, I need one for a station wagon...anyone here have one? I would even consider a broken one as long as the plastic "chain" from the mast is intact. I wonder if the sedans use the same mast???? Thanks

The plastic "chain" is the only part I've ever seen break in one of these....
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Stopped by a Ford dealer yesterday to get a part for a power antenna for a 99 Taurus.&nbsp; Was told it only came as an assembly, unlike most Japanese cars that sell parts for them.&nbsp;&nbsp; Anyway, I need one for a station wagon...anyone here have one?&nbsp; I would even consider a broken one as long as the plastic "chain" from the mast is intact.&nbsp; I wonder if the sedans use the same mast????&nbsp; Thanks</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
That's what I thought. Looks like Asian car makers have it figured out again...
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Stopped by a Ford dealer yesterday to get a part for a power antenna for a 99 Taurus.&nbsp; Was told it only came as an assembly, unlike most Japanese cars that sell parts for them.&nbsp;&nbsp; Anyway, I need one for a station wagon...anyone here have one?&nbsp; I would even consider a broken one as long as the plastic "chain" from the mast is intact.&nbsp; I wonder if the sedans use the same mast????&nbsp; Thanks</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
I'd be really surprised if you can't get a replacement mast. I was even able to get a mast for my old 89 CV last year. It may be that the dealer can only get the assembly from ford as a single unit, but he may still be able to get the mast alone from another dealer who has it in stock. He can check easily.
CJB
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Stopped by a Ford dealer yesterday to get a part for a power antenna for a 99 Taurus.&nbsp; Was told it only came as an assembly, unlike most Japanese cars that sell parts for them.&nbsp;&nbsp; Anyway, I need one for a station wagon...anyone here have one?&nbsp; I would even consider a broken one as long as the plastic "chain" from the mast is intact.&nbsp; I wonder if the sedans use the same mast????&nbsp; Thanks</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
JW wrote:

have you tried E bay? I think there's about a million different antennas on there. Probably a power one that will fit too, for cheap.
JW wrote:

Why not try the scrap yard?
Worse comes to worse, grab a non-power antenna.. is there any real need for one? I mean my car has one, but if it breaks, I won't fix it.
If you've ever seen a station wagon you would know why I need it repaired/replaced. It's mounted in the left quarter panel and the mounting hole is pretty proprietary.

Try a salvage yard,WBMA
mike