the difference in SAI

Hello everyone,
I am looking for an advise here. I just got back from a shop and got two new tires (front). They did courtesy alignment check and say it is
all OK. Now I see on the printout the left SAI is 20.7 and the right is 10.3. It seems to be a big difference! Also, the car is pulling to the right slightly now and the steering wheel is off the center quite a lot! It was just fine before I put the tires.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

doesnt need interpreting.. needs to go back.
you pay..DEAL with it!
In article
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

SAI (steering axis inclination) is not adjustable, if there is a 10* difference, something is bent.
Thanks! what may be bent? would it be the steering knuckle? Any idea about the cost?
I just got this car 3 weeks ago, now I think it may have been in an accident before...
In article
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Knuckle or spindle.

Without knowing the year, make and model, no.

You can bet on it if the SAI is 10* different side to side.
great... 1999 taurus SE I need to carfax it. or maybe not...

They might have just smacked a curb or something. You might need a new suspension component and align to make it right.
Take it to a body shop and have them look under the hood. Good bodyman can spot repairs due to paint overspray, cracked factory paint that they don't fix, etc.
Last time I bought a used car I went around it looking for telltale overspray, etc. Took about 15 minutes to really check it out.