tom picknose failed second year apprentice

Page 1 of 2

an idiot u just proved it yourself lmfao The catalytic converter consists of small amounts of precious metal deposited on a ceramic substrate. The failure mode is chemical ie poisoning the precious metal with contminants like lead in gas or mechanical, breaking up the ceramic substrate. Plugging is mechanical failure (the ceramic substrate gets broken up into small fine pieces)
normal thermal cycling will eventually cause the ceramic to start to crumble. Cats are designed to last 100k miles minimum but if the car is driven only on short trips (every trip thermal cycles the cat) then early failure could result.
Second, thermal shock will cause the ceramic to break up. Having the car (and cat) up to operating temperature and driving thru deep water for a long enough period will cause a thermal shock that could cause problems.
Unlike the earlier two-way converters that could perform their job relatively efficiently with a lean fuel mixture, the catalyst inside a three-way converter that reduces NOX requires a rich fuel mixture. But a rich fuel mixture increases CO levels in the exhaust. So to reduce all three pollutants (HC, CO and NOX), a three-way converter requires a fuel mixture that constantly changes or flip flops back and forth from rich to lean. This, in turn, requires feedback carburetion or electronic fuel injection, plus an oxygen sensor in the exhaust to keep tabs on what’s happening with the fuel mixture.
Converters may also fail if they get too hot. This can be caused by unburned fuel in the exhaust. Contributing factors include a rich fuel mixture, ignition misfire (a fouled spark plug or bad plug wire) or a burned exhaust valve that leaks compression. Fuel in the exhaust has the same effect as dumping gasoline on a bed of glowing embers. Things get real hot real fast. If the converter’s temperature climbs high enough, it can melt the ceramic substrate that supports the catalyst causing a partial or complete blockage inside. This increases backpressure, preventing the engine from exhaling and robbing it of power. Fuel consumption may shoot up and the engine may feel sluggish at higher speeds. Or, if the converter is completely plugged, the engine may stall after starting and not restart.
lmfao now lets see restrited exhaust loaded engine hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i bet you get a rich condition hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coverter makes heat plugs more engine is more loaded condition gets richer more heat
hey pick nose
yor failed yeat too
no canada for you lmfao
hurc ast
Add pictures here
βœ–

Show me a 1966 vehicle with a catalytic converter. I've never seen one. I doubt your old enough to know what a 1966 vehicle no less a Ford FE engine looks like. Look at the above text, where do you see a cat converter mentioned?

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:28:11 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

lmfao
and SCOLL UP u ilterate tard you said your most vivid recollection the other stiff was abou a tarus
TOM WINS
lmfao hurc ast
Add pictures here
βœ–

Ok, I just scrolled up, where Did I miss the name Taurus? The most "vivid recollection" was on a 1966 FE (428 cid) powered motor home. (the first case I ever saw). 1966 Taurus?
Add pictures here
βœ–
"pick one" <try again!> wrote in message

BTW, I did not have the "most vivid recollection", that was Tom Adkins. Now why is a restricted exhaust going to cause an engine over heat? Explain how a oxygen starved fire can make ample heat to damage an engine? I want to know the answer. Explain how the engine cooling system does not come into play. Explain how you can get enough oxygen into a cylinder that is already full of an inert gas to excite combustion. What part of science explains that?
Add pictures here
βœ–
"pick one" <try again!> wrote in message

OH, I KNOW THE CAR WAS EQUIPPED WITH A BLOWER!!!!!! Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:52:35 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

lmfao u better find out how a cat works but then this is second year stuff and u have no certification
coverter is hot fuel condition are rich
add air from the air pump
instant heat lmfao put another log on the fire BWHAHAHAHA
hurc ast
Add pictures here
βœ–

Looks lie what I said was the cause of the cat frailer, your point? How does that over heat an engine?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:03:58 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

lmfao loaded engine heat is restricted back to engine side ever seen a cracked exhaust valve bwhahahaha u just FAILED year one
bwhahaha
hurc ast
Add pictures here
βœ–

Plugged exhaust, very low O2, cold flame. Tell you what. While you are sitting in front of your air tight. Put a thermometer in the fire and close the flue. Let us all know how the fire handles the lack of oxygen.
Add pictures here
βœ–
"pick one" <try again!> wrote in message

Can't think? Smoke getting to you?
Add pictures here
βœ–
"pick one" <try again!> wrote in message

Fire go out and you loose your light? You have flash lights in Canada don't you?
Add pictures here
βœ–
He has a flashlight... but he took the batteries out and put them in his "anal avenger"...
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:22:41 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

a cat releases a GREAT amount of heat i dare ya to touch one LMFAO
Add pictures here
βœ–

If it's working.
Add pictures here
βœ–
The cat needs one important element in order to release this "great amount of heat".... care to tell us what it is? Care to tell us how it gets there if the exhaust is plugged?
OOOOOHHH.... you're losing control of it.... open mouth - insert foot is happening every post....
Add pictures here
βœ–

here ya go
play stupid all you want
busted BWHAHAHAHAHA

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:10:17 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

OH you smarted up!!! You included part of another thread you left out in your stupid remark! You so smart! How does a restricted exhaust cause a higher than normal cooling system temperature?
Add pictures here
βœ–

How does a restricted exhaust cause an engine over heat?
Add pictures here
βœ–