Trans draining Aerostar

Dear friends, is this a driveway project or better to let the quick lube places do it? Don't need a coating of fluid on the driveway right now.
Bob

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:44:14 -0800, "Guv Bob"

right and are carefull. You can definitely do a better job than the jokers at the QL

now.

OK, thanks, then I'll give it a try. I'll have to do a little research first on the gasket, filter and anything else. Anything special to know that's not in the manuals?
On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:04:48 -0800, "Guv Bob"

engine to pump out fluid, add fresh fluid and run till the fluid comes clean. THEN drop the pan and change the filter and clean the pan. Check for metal. Reconnect cooler line. Replace the pan and refill to proper level. It will take a bit of extra fluid this way, but it will be done right. You want a drain pan larger than the trans pan to place under it, and a large sheet of poly under the pan to catch what gets away on you, and a bag of non-clumping kitty litter

right now.

special to know that's not in the manuals?

Thanks again. If the gasket is still good, any reason to change it? Nothing leaks now.
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 09:21:31 -0800, "Guv Bob"

saving perhaps $17.00?? It's your call. At the very least I'd clean it up and appl,y some "right stuff" silicone - and if you don't have THAT on hand it will cost as much as the gasket - or very close. Don't even THINK about using household silicone caulk.