Windstar 3.8

I am want to buy a used minivan for about $3500. Am I asking for trouble if I buy a Windstar with 100K miles on the 3.8 engine? It seems I heard they were troublesome. Any comments would be appreciated.

Reply to
Don

I haven't heard of to many problesm with the windstar. I have a 90 T-bird with a 3.8 and as far as the engine is concerned, it's great! As far as any other major problems with the windstar, I really haven't heard of any problems with them.

What year is it, and did you take it for a test drive??

Reply to
none

Do a google search on windstar, trouble and see what fun you find. When there working, there a nice ride. If the motor looks a little too clean, you can bet its had the head gaskets done at least once.

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

Reply to
res0ta8b

My wife has a '97 3.8 Windstat and we've only had couple problems...brakes squeek (mechs can't find problem) and a dried vacuum hose boot that was letting the engine die when idling. It has been a good van overall.

Good luck, Mac

Reply to
Blmack

Thank to everyone responding for helpful input. But still wonder if anyone remembers the which year models had the head gasket problem that caused Ford to replace engines under extended waranty?

Reply to
Don
1995 and 1996 Howard
Reply to
hnelson

Thanks, I guess I should avoid those unless they have had engine replaced.

Reply to
Don