2004 focus wagon 2.3L cabin filter

Tried both Bosch and Puralator from two parts dealers, both were too big for the plastic grid cover to fit over them. However a Fram CA8205 fit perfect with only removing some rubber gasket to reduce the height. Its dimentions were: Product Height 1.98" Product I.D. 6.22" (Width) Product O.D. 13.5" (Length)

The recomended Fram filter Cabin Air Filters CF9118

Product Height 1.19" Product I.D. 8.66" (Width) Product .OD. 13.73" (Length)

Doesent come close What Am I Missing? Too big for cover to go around! Any one an OEM number or other cross numbers would be helpfull. The car came without one installed! Dennis A. Vitali

Reply to
Dennis A. Vitali

:>Tried both Bosch and Puralator from two parts dealers, both were too big for :>the plastic grid cover to fit over them. However a Fram CA8205 fit perfect :>with only removing some rubber gasket to reduce the height. Its dimentions :>were: :> Product Height 1.98" :> Product I.D. 6.22" (Width) :> Product O.D. 13.5" (Length) :>

:>

:>

:>The recomended Fram filter Cabin Air Filters CF9118 :>

:>

:>

:>

:> Product Height 1.19" :> Product I.D. 8.66" (Width) :> Product .OD. 13.73" (Length) :>

:>

:>

:>Doesent come close What Am I Missing? Too big for cover to go around! Any :>one an OEM number or other cross numbers would be helpfull. The car came :>without one installed! :>Dennis A. Vitali :>

I installed one in my '04 SVTF last year. I got it from a friend of mine who's the service manager at a local Ford dealer. He told me that you just toss the plastic grid when you install the cabin air filter as he did in his Focus. After doing that the OEM one fit perfectly.

BTW, he also said he's never been able to get an answer out of anyone at Ford as to why they bother to even put that plastic grid in the cars that they don't ship from the factory with a cabin air filter installed.

me/2

Reply to
me/2

Quote "toss the plastic grid" That an integral part of the cabin air filter base, in which it locks into the base with side tabs?? D. Vitali

Reply to
Dennis A. Vitali

:>Quote "toss the plastic grid" That an integral part of the cabin air filter :>base, in which it locks into the base with side tabs?? :>D. Vitali

Check this How-To:

That agrees with every other site I've seen that tells how to do it and, of course, agrees with my Service Manager buddy. As he said, he's never been able to get an answer from anyone at Ford as to why they even put that in there.

Good luck, me/2

:>> :>Tried both Bosch and Puralator from two parts dealers, both were too big :>> for :>> :>the plastic grid cover to fit over them. However a Fram CA8205 fit :>> perfect :>> :>with only removing some rubber gasket to reduce the height. Its :>> dimentions :>> :>were: :>> :> Product Height 1.98" :>> :> Product I.D. 6.22" (Width) :>> :> Product O.D. 13.5" (Length) :>> :>

:>> :>

:>> :>

:>> :>The recomended Fram filter Cabin Air Filters CF9118 :>> :>

:>> :>

:>> :>

:>> :>

:>> :> Product Height 1.19" :>> :> Product I.D. 8.66" (Width) :>> :> Product .OD. 13.73" (Length) :>> :>

:>> :>

:>> :>

:>> :>Doesent come close What Am I Missing? Too big for cover to go around! :>> Any :>> :>one an OEM number or other cross numbers would be helpfull. The car came :>> :>without one installed! :>> :>Dennis A. Vitali :>> :>

:>>