Any way to install tachometer in 2005 Focus ZX3?

I recently bought a 2005 Focus ZX3, and I am surprised that it has no tachometer. Is there any way to install one?

-Thanks

Reply to
vchengap

Or in a ZX4? The silly little up arrow is wrong far more often than it's right, or so it seems to the sense of feel.

Reply to
unKnown

The problem with installing a tach in these cars is the type of ignition system. Since it has what is called a "double-spark" arrangement, you need a tach that has a setting for two cylinders. The only add-on tach I could find with that setting was a very expensive 14000 rpm motorcycle racing tach. So what I did was get a recycled cluster and stick it it. They're not expensive or hard to find, and fairly easy to install, but the problem is the odometer reading will be off.

Reply to
Dave Gower