Bent Aluminum Wheels

Has anyone experienced or heard of problems with aluminum alloy wheels denting - too easily - on Ford Focus?I have had 5 bent wheels since October 2002. Only two have needed repair, but at $150 per repair they
are sitting beside the gargage. They are the 16" spoked rims. I have noticed a lot of aluminum wheel specialty shops starting that have been able to take advantage of the problem. Regular wheel alignment shops are not equipped to straighten aluminum wheels. I do admit that in northeast Ohio we have plenty of snow and chuck holes, but Ford should have engineered that into the aluminum alloy production.

This is not a problem unique to the Focus. Alloy rims with very low aspect ratio tires are inherently susceptible to damage from running over potholes or other bad road surfaces at speed. You do always have the option of going back to a more sensible style steel wheel with normal aspect ratio tires.