Boke Antenna...need help!

Hello. Recently, we had a heavy snow here, and as I was brushing off the snow from the roof of the car the antenna snapped off. The insert broke, leaving half in the antenna, and half in the roof mount. I
am unable to get the insert out of the roof mount section So, my question is, how do I remove and replace the roof mount so I can fix my antenna, or must I go to a Ford dealer and give them my first born? Or maybe you folks have other suggestions as to how to fix this? Any info will be greatly appreciated. I am currently serving in Germany, so cannot simply find American parts here easily. Thank you!

I haven't done that but I checked my 2000 factory manual (which covers both European and North American cars) and it doesn't look hard. You get at it through the interior roof light. Pull the cover, remove the lamp from the wires, remove the lamp bezel (two screws) and you can see the single antenna screw close to the windshield in the opening. Looks like 7mm screws.
The diagram in my book looks like what I see on my 2000 Canadian Focus so I'm guessing that parts in local recycle yards should fit. Antennas usually survive collisions (except rollovers) so I doubt they'd be hard to find. I also suspect that even new parts wouldn't be that expensive.
Email me if you want further help (note "removethis" in my address). Good luck.
Dave; thanks for the reply. Do you mean the light in the middle of the roof, or the map lights above the windshield? Thanks again!

It's the one directly under the antenna. Not sure if it is a maplight in every car - in mine it's just a light.
Got it! Thanks! Now I need to find a supplier for the Antenna Base over here!

Seems to be related to the model or so. Mine has three lights in this position, two map lights, one left the other right and the usual indoor light in the center. But all three are in one case.
For the rear passengers, there's just one central light same as in the trunk.

In Europe, the Ghia has the three lights forward, one in the rear. All other models just have the one central light forward. Both lights are interchangeable, so the base is the same shape. Likewise, I imagine the antenna base is the same shape on both sides of the Atlantic, even if the part number is different, so just take the base to a Ford dealer and say "give me something which looks like this" in your best American-German. :-)
As a Canadian living in Switzerland, I've found the parts guys overall quite helpful and friendly.
Stephen
Anyone know if the base comes with the insert already installed, or am I going to have to buy the insert separately? Thanks!

Exactly, mine is a "Ghia" model, bought it used a few years ago. Looking at the price for a Ghia model (new) there are amazing few extras Ford put it in.;(

Yep, can confirm this.;)