Choice New Focus v C Max

Am after another diesel, but cannot decide to buy another new style Focus or try the C Max version.
Opinions please.
Cheers
Nick

Deebrief wrote in message ...

or
I've not driven the new focus but I have tried the old focus and own a c-max. I much prefer the higher driving position of the c-max.
The floor pan and running gear is the same on both cars but I guess the focus will be a little lighter so a bit quicker/more economical according to how you drive it.
There are current issues with the EGR on 2 litre diesel max's but it has been re-designed so I suggest you make sure your new one has the new EGR. Ford are not doing a blanket recall but problem cars are having software updates and only if that does not cure the problem, new valves are being fitted free. The first of the new valves are going onto cars with warranty issues as their owner are currently using hire cars at FMC expense. I expect that the new valves will go on the production cars soon just to avoid the cost risk to FMC So far there doesn't seems to be the same problems with the 1.6 TDCi engine.
Whatever you get, consider the Sony radio/CD which can play mpg format CD's and has an aux input in the glovebox to connect ipods. The Ford head units don't do this.
hth
Bob
Deebrief wrote:

If you are tall (over 6ft) then the c-max is for you, you won't have that annoying problem of your head rubbing against the roof of the rear view mirror blocking your view. Plus its a damn good car IMO, nice and big too for all your stuff.
--
http://www.needmyhelp.com