Cigar lighter

Can anyone help me?
I have an 'S' registered Ford Focus.
As a non-smoker you would think a working cigar lighter was something I don't need.
But I need it in order to quick charge my model plane's batteries!
I wonder if there is anyone who could advise me on replacing the cigar lighter. Where to buy a replacement and how to fit it....
Thanks in advance for your help....
Mordechai
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote

In modern cars the cigar lighter without the pull-out part is called a power socket - and often fitted with a plastic cover saying 12v power socket. :)
Throw away the cigar lighter bit and get a power plug that fits into the mating half. Any car accessory shop should have a suitable plug.
A random google search brings up <http://www.surplussales.com/Connectors/DCConn.html <http://www.remtrak.com/auto/autocables.htm
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Only sensible place to get it is a dealer.
(Brief description from Haynes):
Dis battery. Remove radio. Undo 4 screws where radio was. Release the retaining clips inside the insert and slide it out.
Fuse is F46 (15A), behind the glove box, if you haven't checked it already.
--
Remove prejudice to reply.