Focus ST170 vs Leon Cupra vs Honda Type-R

Real decision to make here. I am after a sportyish car and a second hand Focus ST, Leon Cupra and Honda Types-R just about fit into my budget of 10k. The question is which one to go for! The Honda may
just be out of my price brackett as i have not really seen one under 10k, The Leon looks good but doubt I can stretch to a R so it will be a Cupra-T. I took an ST for a test drive this week and it was fairly impressive, this one is a 170 with 5 doors in metallic silver. 29000 miles on the clock and it is a 52 number plate... (price is 8700, + 599 3 year Ford warranty, + free MOT + free 6mnths tax )
I am swinging towards the Focus at the mo but have seen a few things about its gear ratios being a bit out and also am worried about depreciation given that the new Focus ST is now out! How does the ST really compare to the others listed?! It seems cheaper and also handles better!?
What i really want to know is are the other cars better in terms of performance, price, petrol consumption, handling, depreciation, servicing....

I own an ST170 (see my sig) and I'm loving it. Well worth the money I spent.
The price for the car is very good. I'd take it if I were you.
Fill it up with BP Utimate and on the 2nd tankful, you'll see the car flying!
--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.fordst170.co.uk - My Ford Focus ST170 Car