Yokohama S-Drive vs. Toyo T1-R?

Hello group!

I'm getting close to the end of my second set of 195-50-15 T1-Rs on the mighty LISPmobile (my '99), and I thought I'd have a look at some of the other summer tires that are out there. I live in Tampa so I don't care about cold-weather performance at all, but I do put a pretty high priority on grip in the rain. The Yokohama S-Drive comes in that size and I've read a few people on the internet who say it's good, plus it's

20%-25% cheaper than the T1-R. What do you all think? Have any of you tried the S-Drive? Are there any other brands I should be looking at?

yrs jp

Reply to
johnny p.

I'm running Yoko s-drives on my '04 right now. And I can tell you with all honesty that they KFA in the rain. I just spend 2 days doing an HPDE at Pocono and we had rain the second day. The Yoko's never slipped, slid or even squealed and I was doing a good 95 mph.

This was my first track event with these tires and I was *very* pleasantly surprised.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva