focus 1.8tdci engine cut out

yesterday whilst driving on the motorway the glow plug light started to flash,a few miles later the engine cut out,i pulled over and it restarted no problem,i then drove the 30mls home,it didnt do it again. anyone else had this problem? it says in the hand book to see your main dealer if glow plug light flashes, can anyone help?

Reply to
tony2

there will be some fault codes stored in the memory without these i carnt say which area to start looking. however check the wiring going to the camshaft position sensor(on the very top)the wiring may be chaffed on the metal/alloy rocker cover

Reply to
ford_technical_

thanks ive checked wiring and it seems ok,i checked fault codes as described at h

showsr31,e001,ffff,none,fo58, and then lots of other letters and numbersaccording to the above site none means no faults? have i got this right?

Reply to
tony2

In message , tony2 wrote

The link above does not work but I suspect it only describes the codes you can get on the odometer display. These are limited to the functions reported on the dash and not the full range of engine codes.

You need a OBDII code reader to read the engine fault codes.

Links

To read the codes I have something like:-

Check also the news archives at Google groups (this is different to the Google search engine) to see if anyone else has reported similar problems.

Reply to
Alan

What year is the car?

Reply to
Acedrew

its a 2003 1.8tdci ghia estate with a 100k ffsh

Reply to
tony2

Where are you based in the UK? I have an OBD-II device...

Reply to
DervMan

im in the manchester area,its going into the garage in the morning 19/4 but thank for the offer.

Reply to
tony2