Focus Zetec offer

I have been looking for a Focus Zetec, and have a 02 (March 02) VW Passat

2.0 petrol to xchange. The Passat has scratch running down entire driver side. I want a car that is cheaper to run. Passat is ins group 12, and drinks the petrol. Have been offered 51 plate (OCT 01) 1.6 Focus Zetec, 13,500 miles, 12 mnths tax, 2 yrs warranty, & £500 cashback. It sounds like a good deal to me. My Passat is bottom of its class & has £500 of damage. However, offer is from Reg Vardy. Please Help!!
Reply to
Maz

In message , Maz wrote

What help do you want - you appear to have already made up your mind that it is a good deal?

A car with only 4k miles per year must have been owned by a little old lady who only used it on Sundays to drive to church :)

Who is Reg Vardy?

Reply to
Alan

In the experience of several people I know, just about the worst dealer in the country!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

In alt.autos.ford.focus Chris Whelan :

Ah, so I'd double-check very carefully if the few miles the car has, do really match or if there has taken place some manipulation? Smells somehow...

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Yes it does sound good, and I have done a valuation of the Ford on What Car. It came out as being worth around £6900. I'm just concerned about the after sales service etc with Reg Vardy having such a poor reputation. Should I wait & try to get one from a Ford dealer? I did actually have one lined up at CD Brammell Ford, I had an appointment yesterday to test drive again and finalise the deal. When I got there, they had sold it!! Are all dealers as bad as each other?

Reply to
Maz

In alt.autos.ford.focus Maz :

Bad luck.;(

Dunno, had a hard time finding my Focus at a reasonable price some years ago, usually Fords are pretty cheap used, only the Focus doesn't seem to play after this rule.;(

The main problem was I wanted the 2.0l engine in a wagon with sunroof, which was mostly not available used. 1.4/1.6/1.8l all over the place, mostly 1.6l, but alas the 2.0l was sold (new) quite seldom over here.

Finally got one exactly like I was seeking for at some DC (Daimler-Chrysler) Dealer for a good price and he was more then happy to have the non DC car finally sold. OK, it took about 3 month searching...

In case of problems with your just bought used car, it's likely if you bought it at some Ford dealer, they'll fix things fast and with a little luck for free.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

I thought about looking at other dealerships just in case they had one. I know they are not keen on having other cars on their forecourts. I think I will give it a couple of weeks. I am hoping there will be a surge of used ones when the new Reg plate comes out next week.

Reply to
Maz

In alt.autos.ford.focus Maz :

Found mine through internet searching, the dealer was about 100 km away, but the price was pretty good, so it didn't matter at all.;)

Good luck

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Thanks :-)

Reply to
Maz

Speaking from experience in the trade - if the warranty is held by a seporate warranty company (eg. warrantyholdings) then ANY repairs can be fixed by ANY vat registered garage of your choise.

I just brought another focus for the missus 2000 2.0 ghia and thats the case with the 1 year warranty on that. paid £5300 for this, fully loaded with leather + all options!

Does Reg Vardy have their own repairs garage they insist you take it to? if so then walk away.

Maybe get Passat repaired and buy one privately! You could get the scratch done for as little as £250-£300 if u shop about using smaller garages, not dealers!

Hope this helps

MC.

---------

Reply to