Hot Damn! Its about time! The Fuel Pump

I got a letter on the fuel pump from Ford this weekend. They have finally issued the recall on the Fuel Pump! I am going to get reimbursed my money TOMORROW! Now I am waiting on the recall for the ignition switch!

Note: Don't think you will automatically go to the dealer and get your check! The dealer will have to file the paperwork and you will receive your check within 10-14 days.

Is there a recall comming for the ignition switch ? Where can we follow up ?

Canadians should contact Transport Canada with their concerns. While they don't view failures of the ignition switch to be a safety hazard, they are tracking complaints, and urging Ford to apply a fix.
Rob
-----------------------
"PAPY" wrote ...

This might help: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid "79
Ron

It is not a recall !!
I checked with a Ford dealer, and it is a repair if needed program. I was told it would cost me $90 per hour, until they prove it is the Fuel Control Module, (Not the Fuel Pump).
So it will be a crapshoot when you go in.
Ray

they
are
That's not true! I went in today and they are ordering me the correct fuel pump and replacing for free and Ford is reimbursing me my money for what I have spent for the new fuel pump! Are you in Canada because I am in the United States!!!!

Yes I Live in Vancouver Area in Canada.. My 2001 SE station wagon works ok, but a month ago I had an incident on the highway, Where when I went to pass, The car just bogged down. I had to abandon the pass and was able to get back in line. it was a potentially dangerous situation, but have had no further problem, but I rarely drive on the highway. The dealer said the repair would be done for up to 10 years if it could be proved the fuel module was the problem. Maybe the Fuel Pump and the Fuel Control module are the same thing ?
Ray

they
I.m sorry, the references(previous) to the "Fuel Control Module" Should have been the "Fuel Delivery Module" Since Sheila's car had alreay been diagnosed with the right problem, She was reimbursed.
Ray

While
It is a program that extends the warranty on the fuel delivery module for up to 10 years from the original warranty start date for certain 2000-2001 Focus.
If the vehicle is having the symptoms described in the letter (engine hesitation, loss of power, surging, and other similar symptoms) and it can not be proved to be the fault of any other component, or if it is proved to be caused by the fuel delivery module, then the fuel delivery module will be replaced when available.

While

If I remember correctly that is one whole unit - fuel pump - sensor etc. Please guys help me out here. I sold my 2000 last June so I don't remember completely. Linda
Now, why did you sell it, really? /per

fuel
I sold my 2000 wagon for a 2003 ZX5 as I wanted a 5 door but actually the reason was it kept blowing starter fuses and at $3. a pop I was getting tired of it and they couldn't find the reason for it. But after I traded it in it FINALLY failed and they found it was a TSB just out about a wire welded to the engine...causing it. Linda