How difficult is it to change water pump ??

I have a 2000 focus wagon, hoe difficult is it to change the water pump? Someone told me there is a lot of labor involved, including lifting the engine because you can't get to it. I alwasy thought changing a water pump
took maube an hour or so, they're telling me it's gonna take like 8 hours of laber.. Help
Depends on the motor, if its an SPI it is more involved than a Zetec. If its a Zetec Motor - its pretty easy. It depends on your level of expertise. With the Zetec you have to move a few things and just lifting the motor on that side would help but it can be done without doing all that.
Get a few estimates from independent garages if you do not feel that you do not want to do it yourself. The Ford dealer will bend you over.