I saw my first '05

I caught a glimpse of a new 2005 Focus yesterday. At first I thought it was an older model with a custom grill, but it was, indeed, one of the new ones.
Not a heck of a lot of difference in terms of styling. I'll have to visit a dealer to see the changes underneath the hood.
Has anyone else made a sighting?
Rob
Basic Wedge wrote:

I have seen the wagon. Except for the new Focus lettering, the rear of the wagon is identical to the older models. I also thought the front styling to be unremarkable.
Ron

Yes I saw one on May 11, and posted my comments. I wasn't too thrilled with the front end, but the interior was nice. Last week I saw my first one in a parking lot, and it looked better somehow. I think it'll grow on people.
I'd be curious to hear from someone who gets a test drive.
I'm not too excited about that silver dashboard--and everything else seems to be pretty much the same. Love my oh-trey, though...
--
Damon Scott Hynes is your Turbo Lover

http://home.att.net/~damonhynes /

Another nervous dope afraid of the obvious- your 03 is now officially a girls car, supplanting the Neon- a commuter heap.

girls
Holy $hit! A horse that can type!
What eggzactly am I nervous about? No depreciation hit, the teething-recalls out of the way...
I have yet to see a Focus SE riced-out in Omaha, but you can't swing a cat without finding a Neon that's been pimped.

Sorry thought this was an enthusiasts group. Your car is cheap, cool.

30 MPG and I'm enthusiasting all the way to the bank.

commuter heap.
And who appointed you judge and jury of what is a "girl's car"? As a 230-lb male, I won't lose much sleep over your label.
Show me where the Neon has won dozens of "best car" awards.
.

How exactly do you get that lard ass in a Focus??

Open the door and sit down. How do you get yours in?
wrote

I am not saying by how much, but I weigh more than you and find my Focus very nice and comfortable, no problems fitting at all. I did have some of my driving lessons in a Toyota Yaris and that was bloody uncomfortable with my size (I am also 6'3" and that did not help!), but the worst was when I managed to skid on some ice and damage the wheel and steering rack, the place that did the repairs gave me a Nissan Micra to use. I had to open the door to be able to get to the window opener as my knees were right up either side of the steering wheel! Now that was a nightmare to drive! lol
Dean www.aspexdesign.co.uk
I agree. I'm also a big and tall sort of guy, and I find the Focus to be much more comfortable than its exterior dimensions would suggest. I'm not a huge fan of the seat design, but for trips of a couple of hours or less, they do the trick. My previous car was a Taurus wagon. Now that car had great seats!!
Rob
"Dean" wrote ...

On 08 Jun 2004 23:44:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Smahty Jones) wrote:

Hey, stick around you'll be real popular in just a few months since your obviously full of shit as a Christmas turkey, troll.
Freddie
yes i have been by the dealer
more conservative styling -we dont want to be different
bigger front brakes -wear problem in previus years
more horsepower
better shocks