millage

Hi ..just bought a brandnew 2004 Focus stationwagon ZTW. My millage sucks and is not anywhere near what it should be. Get about 1:8 or 9......is this
normal and what millage do you get.?? Thanks John Folkers
Hi John. Congratulations on the new car and welcome to the NG. You'll find several Focus wagon owners here - myself among them.
I've never seen fuel economy figures expressed quite the way you've got it. Is that one litre to eight or nine kms? If so, that seems a bit high... Perhaps your car is still sorting itself out. My car uses about 9l/100kms or 31 miles per Imperial gallon during combined driving (city/highway).
Rob
"John Folkers" wrote ...

this
Yes sorry its one litre for 8 or 9 km....

it.
or
sucks
manufacturer rule of thumb is that fuel economy improves and should be most accurate by 10,000km so please give the car a chance to break in.also the fuel economy rating are designed to give you an opportunity to compare vehicles as they have to go through the same test.Is it a real world test?absolutely not!Will you ever get the results in that book?Doubtful.