new to group

Just joined this ford Focus group, however the last posting shows April 2008, is this correct?
Stephen

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:50:30 +0000, sdhull wrote:

Welcome.
Last post I can see is 11th Feb 2009. Are you using Google Groups?
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Last post I see is 05/02/09... and Ime using windows mail with Tiscali

Hi Chris, I'm not using google groups but did downloaded all the news available from scratch off the server, after sifting through them all I deleted loads and this has freed up some space. I have now managed to load the remainder (including 11th Feb 2009), perhaps my news client had downloaded the maximum amount.
Anyway back on topic, I am picking up a 2001 (Y reg) Ford Focus 2.0 Zetec estate on Tuesday night and look forward to driving/owning it.
I have traded in my 1993 Escort Estate Ghia which is now beginning to show its age.
Stephen.
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:04:27 +0000, sdhull wrote:
[...]

Enjoy :-)
I went from a succession of Escorts to a Focus in 1999. I still have it, and still prefer it to many newer cars I've driven.
It's on about 96K miles now; it has never failed to start, or broken down. Apart from consumables and service items, it's cost me less than 100UKP over the ten years.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Hoping to have the same trouble free experience with my Focus, Its only done 40,000 miles so should be ok.
Whereas the Escort was starting to cost money MOT time 8-(
Stephen.
--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes

Your newsreader may be set to download a limited number of messages (300 is a common default). Click on Edit => Catch Up to bring your newsreader up-to-date on a newly downloaded group. After that you can use View => Current View => "Show All Messages" to view older posts.
-- Don
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable. ~ Mark Twain
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote:

going to miss the intermittent wipers I had on the Escort and may look into fitting a new wiper switch as shown here: http://focus.noegruts.com/w-switch/w-switch.htm
Stephen.
--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 22:49:32 +0000, sdhull wrote:

Be cautious! Some UK cars don't have sufficient wires installed to enable this mod. From memory, I think you need all the connectors at the switch occupied. Google for a UK site detailing the mod; there will be a few.
Note that the switch from a Mondeo is identical, but at least in the recent past was significantly cheaper for some bizarre reason.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

[snip]
Thanks for the heads up Chris! I did a search and found this site: http://bogit.com/wp/2005/11/29/focus-washwiper-switchstalk/ which sort of suggests it might work if I have ten wires, I have looked at my Focus switch earlier and found it has ten wires, (all occupied) so if I have read the above blog correctly I think a new switch should work.
Regards,
Stephen.
--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote:

wiper switch off ebay this week and fitted it today (easy fitting) it works great, lucky for me 8-)
Stephen.