Radio signal died!

Hi,
I have a RDS Radio 6000CD in my Ford Focus Gear 2000.
Recently I cannot get any radio reception. It is as though there is no antenna connection.
The CD works fine. But search on the radio staions brings up nothing.
I checked the roof antenna and even tried connecting a differnt antenna but no luck.
I guess at this point I will need to check the antenna connection into the back of the unit (I need to take the radio out for this and i am trying to source the correct "2-pronged radio removal tool")
If this looks ok, then I guess the radio is broken in the unit and I wil need to replace it with a new one.
Has anyone seen this before and can offer any help.
Thanks
Listen wrote:

lightening ?
No, it is not lightening, there has not been any around here for some time.
So yesterday I take my radio out to check the antenna connection. I do not have the 2 pronged special tool so I improvise with two bits of modified coat hanger. When I take the unit out I see that the antenna is disconnected. Yippee.. I just need to reconnect it and that should be that. Unfortunately the antenna was connected and only come off when I was taking the unit out. So, now the antenna IS connected correctly but still no radio reception. It is really starting to look like the unit is shagged. Just in case it is the antenna.. broken somewhere along the cable maybe... I am going to try and find and connect a different antenna directly to the unit. if that does not work the I guess it is off to ebay for me to get another unit.
snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk wrote:

I have a similar symptom. My RDS Radio 6000CD no longer tunes by seak or search. Signal is too weak. But I can still recieve radio stations when I tune them in Manually. I haven't pulled the radio yet.
2003 ZX5 53K Miles