Rough idle when hot

Hi,
When my 2000 SPI is started when hot, it idles really rough for a few minutes and won't pull - the problem is getting worse. Sometimes the engine light comes on. Temperature guage never goes above normal even
when starting from hot. I live in AZ where temperatures are very high!
I have had a garage take a look at it, but no error codes are being held in the managment system and the garage dosen't have a solution. Fuel pressure they say is good, and the plugs have been replaced with correct OEM to no effect.
Any ideas - it going to be next week before I can get it to a Ford Dealership.
Thanks, Clive.

Hmmm, wierd. Almost sounds like the fuel is being boiled in the line. Could you have some kind of problem underneath, such as a missing heat shield? Maybe a quick trip to a muffler shop would shed light on the issue.