Rough Idle When Hot 1.8 Versa

I have an 09 Versa Hatchback, with the 1.8 Liter engine, auto trans, only 8,500 miles on it.

After the engine warms up, it sometimes has a slight knock when it is idling. Sometimes you can feel it shaking the car just a little, too.

I changed the oil and filter at 3,600 and 7,500 miles.

Cars runs OK otherwise.

The knock started at about 2,000 miles, I think. It seems to be getting gradually worse.

If you shut the engine off for a minute, then start it up again, the knock is gone.

Already mentioned it to the dealer. He said he would have to hear it to diagnose it. If it gets more consistent, I'll take it to the dealer to have them listen to it.

Any clues? Injector? Ignition module? ANyone else have this?

Thanks

Reply to
SentraMench

Have a Cube with the same engine and noticed the same thing in it except it has not gotten worse. (yet) Didn't notice it until over 3,000 miles. Figured the engine was telling me to change the oil, which I did. Haven't noticed it since then but it has been cold here in Amarillo, TX. And, we have been driving the Tacoma a lot more than the Cube.

Reply to
Anyolmouse