Steering Rack

Just lately I've noticed a noise coming off the steering rack when I'm turning at lower speeds, parking etc. Anyone have a similar problem, or know if this is going be any great issue? Or it's just a matter of some
lubrication in the right place?
D.
its normally the pump that makes the noise, worn or running low on fluid.

Hi , i too have noticed a crunching noise when i turn my wheel to turn left . to-day i took it to a garage and the guy replaced the driving block ??? and charged me 25 , but when i came away from the garage the noise had got worse and now i dont have to turn the wheel , it is noisy when i drive straight . any help please.