Stereo reccomdations

I have a 2003 ZX5 and am thinking about getting a better car stereo. Ideally it would be in the $300 or lower range, and having MP3 isn't important, but of course if it was there, I'd take it. ;)
I know that you need adapters to make most stereos fit in our beloved Foci (how much do they usually cost?)
Anyone have any suggestions or ones they've bought and really like? I live in Canada, so it would be nice if it was available here, though I imagine anything found in the US can be found here.....
Thanks for the info!
www.bought4less.com
am/fm/cd/mp3 $139