Still Order 2003?

I called (4) Ford dealers and (3) said too late to order 2003 and (1) said no problem and reconfirmed it. Any thoughts? Mike

The one that said OK is probably a dealer that has a "standing" order that hasn't been built yet so they could change it... kind of like a reservation to build a car. A local dealer was going to do for that for me except I found what I wanted at another dealer...since I'm an employee's daughter they wouldn't dealer trade for it. Linda
Well, I got my answers. I called the Ford factory. Apparently, dealers can order only so many of each vehicle. They are actually on allocation. I found out the last 2003 Focus will be built 3 October. They said on 6 October they are building their first 2004. Very few changes. I ended up ordering the Focus ZTW yesterday. They are honoring the $3000 rebate as long as I ordered before 9 July. They are also $500 under invoice. So I am $3500 under invoice. They said if a better rebate came along before I picked up the vehicle, they would give me that. I can not lose. This is a very reputable dealer. Regards, Mike

wanted at

trade

You better double check that "They are honoring the $3000 rebate as long as I ordered before 9 July." The rebate applies when you "take delivery" by the end of rebate date, not order before that date. I just received my new Focus 2 weeks ago that was ordered on May 8th. I was worried about that also.