When to switch to Mobil 1 ?

There are of course widely differing opinions on long term use of fossil vs synthetic oil, but putting that aside, given that I plan to use synthetic
engine oil once the engine is broken in, what mileage/time is best to make the transition. The car is a six month old Focus ZX4 ST with the 2.3 L DOHC engine. I have only 3000 miles on it, but the first (6 month) service is due next month. Is this mileage now sufficient for full break-in wear, with fossil oil? I live in a mild area of coastal California, and the car gets mixed use, mostly short-drive use. Thanks.

You might double-check with your dealer, but if this was my car I'd have no hesitation in putting syn into it on the next oil change.
y switch the factory 5/20 is syn
5-20 synthetic blend, and it's more expensive and they'll try and talk U out of it, even though the manual AND FILLER CAP says to use 5-20. And, unless you watch them put it in, you've no clue that they are putting the cheap stuff in, so beware.
Pure synthetic blend oils (like Mobile 1) are fab and with a good filter, I'd go 15k on a change with easy driving without hesitation (which I plan to do when the warranty is up...maybe ;-)
--
Rapid Rick
"Just drive, baby"