2002 Ranger that bounces all over the road

Ever since I got my 2002 Ranger,I notice that when i hit bumps on the road the truck either jumps in the air or sideways across my lane,like the ass end is too light. When the truck is loaded it doesn't do this. Is there anything I can do to the suspension to reduce this effect? I am afraid I am going to hit someone in the side when it jumps like that at 35 or 40. This is the V6 2 wheel drive version.

Reply to
DH

Either carry a couple of sandbags, or get rid of the POS original shocks. I put Edelbrock IAS shocks in my 4x4, and the change in ride was remarkable. I would hope so @ $70 per corner!

Reply to
gw

Those shocks reduce the bounce then I assume? $70 a pop is nothing if I can reduce the bounce. They available online,local stores,etc?

Reply to
DH

Have you checked the rear tire pressure?

I run LT 265-75-16's on my f150. If I run 45lbs pressure the truck rides good, if I run 50 it beats the snot out of me bouncing on everything it hits.

Reply to
Hawk

Throw some King triple bypass shocks on it. At $500+ each corner it ought to help quite a bit. :)

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

The IAS shocks got rid of the "rubbery" quality of the suspension, especially the rear end wiggle over bumps and road imperfections. They do give a very firm ride, but at least you only feel each bump once. They also helped reduce body roll in turns.

I got mine from Summit Racing.

BTW, both of my front OEM front shocks were blown at 30K when I put the Edelbrocks in. The truck is not abused.

Reply to
gw