460 3" Hose -water pump to manifold. Easy replace?

I have an 88 F-350 with the 460 motor. I see a 3 inch hose between the water pump and the intake manifold. Can this be replaced without removing the water pump? I'm about to replace the hoses and coolant and would like to replace this hose as well. I have no idea how old it is since I've just recently purchased the truck. Has anyone replaced this 3 inch hose without removing the pump?

Carl

Reply to
carl6855

yes, it can be done.

It may require cutting the steel stems slightly shorter. Cut the replacement hose to the minimum length. Fold the short hose, hold it with a needle nose, get it in location before letting go to work it onto the nipples. It may be easiest to open up some worm drive hose clamps and install them after the fact. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG